Friday, February 6, 2009

Seriously speaking, I am so in need of some guidance here. As most of you know, I am single mom of three. My oldest has a father from one relationship and my two youngest have a father from my last relationship. Long story short he disappeared for about 2 weeks, he says 1 week, Jas says 3 or 4 weeks. So the dilema is that he has always been around. The kids are used to having him around all of the time. So I don't know what has happened recently. He kinda stopped calling and answering calls from my number. The reason I am setting this up for you is so you can have a clear picture of what I am about to tell you.
About two weeks ago we (the kids and I) were putting away laundry cleaning up the kitchen, etc. I asked Jas to come to me and I noticed she had tears in her eyes. I really didn't pay to much attention (she had recently got new glasses). I called her to me about 20 min. later and she just let it all out. She starts boo hoo crying telling me how much she misses her daddy and would like to spend so much more time with him. This just broke my heart into little bitty pieces.
This really took me back 20+ yrs. My parents were divorced by the time I was 4 yrs old and I had a mon-fri mom and weekend dad. I totally know what it feels like to miss papi! So when I saw her like this, I too wanted to cry with her. I remembered how my mom used to get frustrated with me, and say things like "well he's not dead so what are you crying about." So I was real careful not to crush her. (because this was the feeling I got when I was told this) I held her in my arms rubbed her prayed with her and was just her mom quietly until she calmed down.
Junior is only 2, but he says things like, this is my daddys keys(holdong my car keys), wakes up in the morning asking for his daddy. (just this morning) What's my answer you ask, "your daddys at work". I get that they are supposed to spend time with their dad. I really do. It's not fair to them though to be so hurt by his inconsistensies. They saw him around nov 9, then I took them over there dec 20, Jr spend christmas day with him, and then around Jan 9 was the last time they really saw him or spoke with him. This prompts me to protect them and not allow anyone to hurt them like that anymore! I know I cant keep them apart but how can I avoid this pain for my children that in turn pains me! I've talked to God about it so now I'm really just venting, and asking for a good word from my family. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lead not unto your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Liza Delgado DeArmas said...

Oh my dear Glenia. My heart aches for all of you. Take day by day is all I can say. We can not change people, make people do what we know is right, etc/ Have faith that these pains and struggles are molding Jas and Jr into the world changers that God is creating. We can not get in the way of the works of God. You are did the perfect thing - holding her and being that awesome Mommy that you are! As far as Dad, well, that is his path. That is between him and God. It is not your responsibility to change him or make him do anything. If he does no call or come by then that will be his loss and his cross to carry. Jas and Jr have lots of love from God, you, your family, and all those around them. God has a great plan for them - even with these heart aches! Love you Girl!